Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wonton Soup!!


Ok so I got this soup from a book I have at home. It turned out really well and my family loved it!
First I chopped up a glove of garlic and a teaspoon of cilantro.  I put 4 oz of ground pork, the cilantro and the garlic into a bowl and mixed it together.


I then took wonton wrappers and started putting a dolop of the mixture in the center of it.  I then wet the edges of the wrapper before I folded it over and sealed it.  When sealing it I made sure to press all the air out.
After I used all the mixture to fill the wontons I started on the broth
In a large pot I put a tablespoon of canola oil and 8 oz mushrooms. I let the mushrooms simmer until they became soft and then I added the shredded cabbage.  I let it simmer for a couple more minutes while stirring.  I then added the three 14 oz cans of chicken broth and brought it to a boil.  I then put in the salt and pepper and then added the wontons. I let the wontons cook for about and hour just to be safe.  When I poured the soup into the bowls I sprinkled some chopped green onions on top for decoration.

Ingrdients
WONTONS
1 small clove garlic
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
4 ounces ground pork
12 3-inch square wonton wrappers

SOUP
8 ounces mushrooms
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup shredded Chinese or Napa cabbage
3 (14-once) cans chicken broth
salt and pepper
2 green onions

No comments:

Post a Comment