Sunday, February 6, 2011

Salted Caramel Cupcakes

  Ok so I absolutely loooove this recipe.  I found it on a website called our best bites.  It is probably the best cupcake I have made in awhile!  I am just going to post the recipe as I found it because I didn't change anything when I made them.  However, when I made them I noticed the center of my cupcakes sank in like this
I read a few other reviews of this recipe and many others had the same problem.  Since I'm no baking experts, I don't know how to fix it, but honestly after I put the frosting on t wasn't a big deal.  Alright here is the recipe from www.ourbestbites.com

CUPCAKES:
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar (dark brown sugar is REALLY important!)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. milk

Preheat oven to 350. 
line 18 cupcake holders with foil liners

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

 In another bowl, combine sugars and butter together on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk in 1 additions, beating on low speed until just combined; scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.

Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes and then transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack and allow to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment