Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet and Savory Palmiers

 While watching the food network I came across these sweet and savory palmiers. I didn't really follow a recipe. I just winged it and I actually really enjoyed the results.  The first palmiers I made were the savory.  I chopped up some sundried tomatoes, garlic and basil leaves and put them in a blender.  I added some salt and pepper and the live oil.  After blending I added the parmesan cheese and blended the mixture until it created a paste.  I layed out a puff pastry and generously spread the mixture from edge to edge. I then took the edges of the dough and folded it in about an inch on each side.  Then I folded the edges over again until the met in the middle. I cut off the edge and then cut slices about an inch thick. Make sure to put it on a jelly rollpan or a pan with edges or the oil will run off into the bottom of your over (gross and messy trust me). I put them in an oven heated at 400 degrees for about ten minutes.  Just watch it and you will know when they are nice a golden brown.
Ingredients
1 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
4 cloves garlic
5 cups basil leaves
salt/pepper to taste
3/4 cup olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan
1 sheet frozen puff pastry sheet


 
As for the sweet palmiers just take a sheet of the puff pastry and generously cover it in cinnamon and sugar. Trust me when I say generously, otherwise they aren't sweet enough! I wish mine were a little sweeter, but they were still tastey. I didn't use a recipe, but I am sure there are a ton of easy recipes online.  I think it's pretty easy just to add cinnamon and sugar though :)


No comments:

Post a Comment