Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pizza Rolls

So I found these on one of my favorite food blogs Our Best Bites annnnd they looked way too good to pass up.
First step was taking a pillsbury pizza crust and rolling it out on a lightly floured surface.  It should roll out to 8x16. Then cut the dough into about 24 squares. 
Add your favorite toppings.  I used shredded cheese, but I think chunks would be easier.  I put in in some small pepperonis and cheese. The insides shrink up so try to get as much filling as possible.  These turned out a little airy inside because there wasn't enough filling.
My second attempt I used some pineapple, pepperonis, and cheese. Yum!
Next fold the edges up and seal the filling inside.
Put the balls into a greased 8 inch round pan seam down.
Brush olive oil across the top of the balls and sprinkle with garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and italian seasoning.

Stick it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees, or just read the package and follow the directions. Keep an eye on them and take them out when they are golden brown like this...

they will be nice and gooey inside. I ate dipped mine in some marinara sauce and some ranch :)

1 comment: