Friday, April 15, 2011

Breakfast for dinner

Today I had some friends over and decided to have breakfast for dinner.  I mean who doesn't love breakfast food...with so much stuff to do it's hard to have time to make a really good breakfast.  So on my menu I made some cinnamon rolls, unfortunately from a pillsbury can, a granola and fruit parfait, a crescent roll egg bake from my favorite blog Our Best Bites (check them out), hash browns and mimosas.

So this is my crescent roll egg bake
this originally is supposed to look braided, but since I had to feed four people I had to stuff it extra full.

Ingredients:
4-5 eggs
1/3 cup frozen shredded spinach
6ish turkey sausage links
1/2 an onion
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 can pillsbury crescent rolls

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. First I cut up the onion and the sausage links.  You can use cut up patties too, or even bacon or ham.  Put the onion and sausage and onion in a pan and cook it until the meat is done.
In a separate pan mix the eggs and spinach while scrambling them in  a pan.  I added a tablespoon of milk and salt and pepper, but just make it however you make scrambled eggs.  Once the eggs are almost completely cooked add the onion and sausage mix.  Mix it all together.  Add in the cheese.  Roll the crescent roll dough on a greased pan.  You can roll it on a different surface, but its hard to transfer, so I just did it on the pan.  Once it is rolled out, put the egg mixture in the middle of the dough.  Roll the ends of the dough over and if you want the braided look cut lines down the sides of the dough and fold them in one at a time.  Stick it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the dough is slightly golden brown.  Let it cool for a couple minutes and serve it by cutting along the lines created in the dough.

I also made these cute little parfaits.  the yogurt ran through the granola, but i still think they turned out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment